If you’re making a website, one thing that you have to remember is that web design makes a difference. It is quite common to see websites with a black background and neon letters (in Comic Sans) apparently shouting the words at you. Don’t deny it. We’ve all visited websites so poorly designed you wondered if it was the online version of hell. This is quite unfortunate for the visitors especially if the website has incredible content.
Most visitors leave after seeing a glimpse of the homepage with bright colors and flashing pictures. After all, websites that download viruses on your PC are also designed like this. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to know that low online traffic converts to low performance for your business. Similarly, good web design can turn visitors into loyal customers.
Because of the poorly designed aesthetics of your website, no one sees the crazy deals and helpful services that you are offering. No matter how low your prices are, the only way you could get people to stay is if you’re giving away items for free or paying them. That is why hiring a reputable digital marketing company in Phoenix is a great idea if you want your website to be well-designed and optimized.
Would You Go Inside a Store That Looks Poorly Designed?
You might think this is an exaggeration but ask yourself this. Would you go inside a store that looks poorly designed? One that looks like a decrepit building with unstable foundations and straight out of a horror movie? No right? You wouldn’t even give it a second thought. You would simply go on with your life, ignorant that you just survived looking at a site that looks like it came from the seventh circle of hell.
So yes. To answer your question, website design, just like website content is an important aspect to think about when building your website. In fact, 94% of first impressions are linked to web design as you can learn in this web design infographic. You bet your life that aesthetics is pretty important. Aside from aesthetics, a great web design also promotes brand consistency.
What Are the Benefits of a Well-Designed Website?
There’s a great number of reasons why web design matters and why you should invest in hiring seasoned experts to take care of your digital marketing needs. Here are some of the most important benefits of web design:
- A well-designed website leaves a good first impression. The appearance of your website is the first thing your customers see. If it looks outdated and unappealing, they’ll be much more likely to click off the site instead of checking out your offers.
- Your website will be in line with the latest technologies. Not only will experts make sure your website runs smoothly, but they’ll also ensure that it’s compatible with the newest smartphone and tablet technologies.
- Hiring professionals will save you a lot of time and effort. Having experienced design experts in charge of your website will ensure a hassle-free experience.
- Your website will be search engine friendly. Good website design and effective SEO practices will bring you higher search engine ranking and bring more visitors to the site.
- It will increase your revenue. A good looking website will generate more traffic, bringing more customers and boosting your sales significantly.
Great Web Design Promotes Consistent Branding
Quality branding is something that is hard to come by these days. Without a dedicated marketing team, it is easy to lose track of your branding message and slip up once in a while. Unfortunately for you, we live in the digital age now where everyone is watching you, waiting for the smallest slip up to “cancel” you. Brands often fall victim to this, losing their branding message along the way and taking the brunt of it later on.
The way that branding works is that it establishes your brand’s authority over your field. Take Nike for example. It has established its authority in being one of the top providers of high-quality shoes all over the world. This is because of its branding. Its sleek website follows through with its high-quality products.
Having an aesthetically pleasing website not only does your branding but is also part of your branding. It builds credibility and trust across your customers and potential clients. It gives out the message that you are an authoritative figure in your industry – that you know what you are doing.
Imagine if you are providing the highest quality of shoes available int he market but your website is subpar. Do you think you would be able to attract new clients to try you out? How can they know about how great your shoes are when they are not even willing to see your gallery.
Great Web Design builds your Credibility and Authority
Your customers and prospective clients will also trust you more if you have a responsive and good-looking website. This just sends out the message that you are serious in your business and is willing to invest time, money and effort on your website. A customer’s trust is one of the best things you can ever have because it comes in as free advertising.
When they meet with their friends on social gatherings, loyal customers often talk about your brand getting the word of mouth going. This will not happen if they open up your website and see that it looks like a site that will infect their PC.
Website themes are used more and more these days. They are easy to install and can be bought for a very low price. This means that you only have to worry about the content and development now. Themes are web templates that can be customized for your company with the groundwork already done. However, there is a danger of using the same theme as your competitor, confusing your potential customers.
When looking for a web developer, ask for his portfolio and make sure that he is great at web design. Because of the low prices that they offer, most web developers won’t make the extra mile for you and create a stunning website. This is because it is simply just not worth their time or not part of their talent fee.
What defines a good website?
Now that you understand the immense importance of web design, you may be wondering what exactly makes a quality website. There’s a lot that goes into website design – there’s no way we could cover it all here. Nevertheless, here are some of the basic principles of what defines a good website:
- Visual appeal. This one is a no-brainer. A website needs to look good in order to attract customers. If your website is unappealing, potential customers won’t even bother to read the content and will probably click off.
- Original and well-written content. Your website needs to have content that’s relevant to the services you provide and your target market. Plagiarism is a big no-no – only original content will bring you higher search engine ranking.
- Clear navigation and responsive design. Your website needs to be fast, responsive and easy to use. Everything on the site should be intuitive and straightforward – user-friendliness is a must.
- Purpose. The design of your website should be done with a clear purpose in mind. Each page on the site should be there for a reason and everything that doesn’t have a purpose should be removed.
- Personalized user experience. Your website should feel like it was designed for each user individually. When potential customers visit your website, they should be able to find exactly what they’re looking for with ease.
Leave your website design to us
To sum up, if you want a professionally designed website you need to turn to someone with a strong portfolio, impeccable design skills and deep understanding of website architecture, even if it means stretching your budget. The best way to ensure your website design checks all the boxes is to hire a reliable digital marketing company in Phoenix and let professionals handle everything with experience and skill.
As the foremost digital marketing agency, we offer a comprehensive service that includes everything from website design and development to content writing and SEO optimization, so you’ll get everything your business needs all in one package. Why wait? Give us a call today!
Free SEO Audit Tool
See how optimized a specific web page, landing page, or blog post is for an exact keyword or phrase